Table of Contents Show
Although Facebook has its own Android and iOS apps, you can still use Facebook Touch. Let’s find out if it’s worth your time.
Facebook always looks for ways to improve itself and please both PC and mobile users. Over the years, the social media company has put aside many features in favor of something better, but Facebook Touch remains active.
This special version of Facebook is still available for any touchscreen user who needs it. So, it’s a good idea to get to know what Facebook Touch is and whether it’s worth using at one point or another.
What is Facebook Touch?
H5 apps’ Facebook Touch is essentially a complex and well-developed program. It has been specifically built for touchscreen use. You could have realized from the name touchscreen that we’re talking about the smartphone’s touch screen. If this is the case, then you are correct.
The functionality was developed to make Facebook more mobile-friendly with a smart touch. The program will function similarly to the old Facebook application, but with improved visuals and interface. The standard Facebook program works a little slower on the tablet, but with Facebook touch, a user may use it smoothly even with a sluggish internet connection.
The Facebook touch application is specially developed for smartphones(both android and iPhone) by making it friendly for mobile phones with a better touch experience. It can be said that Facebook touch is an alternative application to the original Facebook app.
The Facebook touch simply works like the original Facebook application but it has some advantages over the original Facebook. It has better graphics and gives a user-friendly interface that makes it easy to use for the user.
Features Offered by Facebook Touch
Now, you are quite familiar with Facebook touch. So here are some basic features offered by the Facebook touch which are listed below-
- The Facebook touch covers the whole length and breadth of your page to give you a more exciting experience in playing videos or viewing photos and wallpaper.
- The chat feature offered by Facebook touch is exciting and entertaining and shows in a large window to let you know who is online or offline.
- The most interesting thing about Facebook touch is that it is available for both Android and iOS.
- Facebook touch offered a wonderful feature that is it provides an iPhone experience to all its users as its appearance is similar to the presence of a Facebook browser on iPhones.
- Facebook touch is also accessible on desktops and laptops. It can be obtained in all prominent browser systems on desktops such as Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera Mini, and Safari.
- Facebook touch allows you to easily access the groups and lists you have got mentioned in this version of Facebook.
- Facebook touch is more dynamic and smart than the original or normal Facebook.
Is It Worth Using Facebook Touch Today?
There’s no need to use Facebook Touch if you enjoy the Facebook app and have never had a problem with it. However, in some cases, the web-based version may be preferable.
However, the biggest advantage of Facebook Touch over the app is that it is browser-based, which means everything you do is somewhat quicker. However, the navigation isn’t flawless.
Small and occasionally redundant icons, for example, make the interface feel tight, fuzzy, and convoluted. Furthermore, Facebook Touch does not fix the top menu when you scroll down your feed or settings.
Overall, Facebook’s dedicated mobile app provides a more streamlined and direct user experience.
Let’s take a deeper look at the design’s advantages and disadvantages.
Benefits of Facebook Touch
- It is the best option for people who have a busy smartphone with too many applications using storage and battery life because it consumes the least amount of energy.
- It is available as both an app and a web version.
- It has an easy-to-use user interface.
- It provides a sleek experience to its consumers by displaying better-definition graphics and loading the display at a quicker rate.
- There is no limit to the width of the posts, and they may be seen in extremely big sizes that are easy on the eye even from a distance.
- Provides considerably simpler access to the majority of Facebook’s features with a hassle-free experience.
Limitations of Facebook touch
While Facebook Touch is no less than an upgrade from the regular Facebook, it still has its limitations. Let us analyze what these are:
- The difference between regular Facebook and Facebook Touch may not be quite noticeable to everyone. People accustomed to using the regular version of Facebook may find it somewhat difficult to make the switch.
- Since the launch of Facebook Touch, Facebook has already launched other versions for touch devices that are probably better than Facebook Touch.
- The desktop version of Facebook Touch may not be right compared to the regular version.
The limitations seem minor in front of the features but the final call is yours whether you wish to use this or not.
How to Download Facebook Touch on your Android Device?
To download the Facebook touch app on your Android device all you have to do is, go to any browser on your device, and enter “Download Touch Facebook”. Then various pages will appear offering you links to download Facebook touch.
Then you have to find out the best-suited apk file for you and download the application loaded with wonderful features to give you a better and smarter browsing experience with high-quality images and videos.
How to Install Facebook Touch on your Android Device?
To install Facebook touch all you need to do first is, to check the phone’s settings and whether installation from unknown sources is enabled or not. If not then enable it.
Then go to the browser where you searched for Facebook touch, then click on the download link. And also check whether the file is being downloaded to your device’s storage or external storage.
After the file is downloaded, then click on the install button of the Apk file. After agreeing to all the terms and conditions.
Wait till the file properly gets installed on your device. And once the file is installed then, open the Facebook touch application and enjoy high-quality features.
Facebook touch allows everyone to view the profiles of their friends, comment on their posts, see the images they have posted, and socialize with many people present on the website.
It also has news feeds. The news feed of Facebook touch allows both recent and top news which is similar to the original or the normal Facebook
How to login to Facebook Touch
The login feature is very similar to Facebook. You must enter your credentials like username and password and boom….you are in the world of Facebook touch.
Another way to get into Facebook touch is by entering details such as name, age, email, and birthday and getting registered on this platform. You can easily get a login to Facebook touch but logging out can be a bit tricky.
The logout button is available in the menu at the bottom of the screen. It can be quite irritating as it remains hidden and new users might have to waste a significant amount of time searching for it. Looking at it from a different angle, this can also be a marketing strategy to keep the users for a long time across this platform.
How Can I Turn off Facebook Touch Notifications?
Nobody enjoys being inundated with alerts. Notifications such as when someone “likes” your article or “reacts” to your comment can be quite distracting. The good thing is that you may quickly disable the notifications on Facebook touch. To accomplish this, follow the procedures outlined below:
On your smartphone, go to the “Settings” menu.
A new window will appear. Here, select “Apps.”
The Facebook Touch app may be found under the applications section.
Tap this and then select the Notifications tab.
You may deactivate notifications and force-stop the program from this screen.
This will block any alerts from being sent to your mobile device by Facebook Touch.
Difference Between Facebook and Facebook Touch
- When you open Facebook on a browser, the web address will read http://m.facebook.com. If you open Facebook Touch, the web address would be different and is – http://touch.facebook.com.
- Once on Facebook Touch, you will come across higher-quality images and better displays. The typical Facebook website comprises fewer data and lower-quality images.
- Facebook Touch offers a better user interface while consuming less data as it is designed specifically to serve smartphones.
- The overall functionality of Facebook Touch is more advanced than the typical Facebook version. This is because Facebook Touch is designed for mobile users while typical Facebook resolution degrades when operated on a smartphone.
For greater productivity, Facebook touch is worth using
Consider your requirements as an individual or as a group. If Facebook Touch fits your workflow, it’s definitely worth your time, but you’ll need to learn more about it before making a decision.
Consider the Facebook functions you desire and how many of them this mobile version can provide, in addition to its web-based capabilities. Check to see whether you can fully integrate your smartphone and PC for the most efficient usage of your preferred social networking platform.