Table of Contents Show
It is very common to find Wi-Fi connections around us these days, Some of these signals may be more unstable and less secure than secure Wi-Fi. You can store these secure Wi-Fi passwords on your phone and laptop.
The problem, however, is that Android mobile users have no access to these passwords as there is no way to see the Wi-Fi passwords stored on Android. There is a way to retrieve the saved Wi-Fi password in Android. Although some methods require rooting your Android device, this method is not recommended as it has many advantages and disadvantages.
Without further ado, let’s see how to answer the question of how to find Wi-Fi passwords on Android using the methods listed below.
What is rooting?
Getting root is the process we used to grant superuser (superuser) privileges to a regular Android user account.
So why do you need root?
Wi-Fi passwords are stored and readable in system files on your device. You must have access to try it yourself or access your password through the app.
Steps to View WiFi Passwords on Android – with Rooting
- If your device is already rooted, you can have easy access to the Wi-Fi passwords that are stored on your android smart phone.
- In order to see the WiFi Password with rooting method, you must use a rooting file manager such as ES File Explorer and find out the WiFi password folder on your android smart phone.
- The file used to store Wi-Fi passwords have been changed to match the Android version of the device. If your device is running a version of Android lower than Android 11, the Wi-Fi password is stored in your android device can be found below.
- path/data/others/wifi/wpa_supplicant.conf and Android+ devices.
- WifiConfigStore.xml is used to store Wi-Fi passwords and can be found here. /data/misc/wifi/WifiConfigStore.xml
Steps to View WiFi Password without Rooting
- In first Step you need to download the ES File Explorer
- After Installing the ES File Explorer, Open and slide left to get access to the Navigation Bar.
- Under the Navigation bar you’ll file the “Local” Button, Click on it and then tap on the “Device” button.
- Then you will find a File namely “System” Click on it and then move to a folder named “etc”.
- Inside the `etc` folder you’ll find a `WiFi` folder. Open it and then click on the file with the following name. “WPA supplicant.conf”
- Select ES Text Viewer to open it.
These are the best Android ways to view Wi-Fi passwords with and without rooting in android mobile phones. These methods will work on all Android devices.