Table of Contents Show
Facebook is probably the oldest and the most used social media platform where people can connect with their friends. Besides sending or accepting friend requests, Facebook also gives you an option to follow someone’s profile without befriending them. These followers can see your Facebook activity if you’ve not restricted other people from accessing it.
You may have a large number of Facebook friends. Your Facebook fans, on the other hand, are your true fans. If you’re as interested in increasing your Facebook followers as you are in making new friends, you should check out who follows you on the social media platform.
This is simple to perform on either the desktop or the mobile app. Here’s how to figure out how many Facebook fans you have.
So, let’s get started.
How To See Your Facebook Followers on Desktop
There are two super easy ways to see Facebook followers on a desktop if you’ve allowed people other than your friends to follow you on Facebook. If you’ve not enabled this setting yet, don’t worry! We will explain later how to allow people who are not on your friends list to follow you.
Through Facebook Profile
First of all, you need to sign in to your Facebook account on any web browser.
- Now click your profile picture on the top left of the side panel to reveal the Profile Menu.
- Next, click on ‘Friends’ to open the Friends tab.
- Look for the ‘More’ option in the top bar of the tab and click it to reveal a drop-down menu.
- Finally, choose ‘Followers’ from there to see who’s following you on Facebook.
If you don’t see this option, this means no one other than your friends is following you currently.
Via ‘Settings & Privacy’
You can also view your Facebook followers from the Settings & Privacy tab. Here’s how:
- Click the circular profile icon located in the top-right corner of Facebook to reveal a side menu.
- Choose ‘Settings & Privacy and click ‘Privacy Shortcut’ in the sub-menu.
- Scroll down and click ‘Your Facebook information and then ‘Access your Information’.
- Next, click the ‘Friends and Followers’ card and finally choose ‘People Who Follow You.
How to see your Facebook followers via Mobile App
Follow the steps below to see your Facebook followers via the mobile app on Android or iOS smartphones:
First of all, you need to sign in to the app via your Facebook account.
Tap the Profile icon. On the Android app, you’ll find the icon on top, while on iPhone, it is present at the bottom.
You’ll be taken to a new screen where you’ll see a hyperlink- ‘Followed by X people’ and ‘See About info’. Tap the later, and scroll down to see who all are following you on Facebook.
Note: it is also possible to view your Facebook Followers via the 'Settings & Privacy menu. The steps are the same as viewing the followers via 'Privacy & Settings' on the Desktop.
How to view the followers of your Facebook Page
If you have a Facebook page, you might be wondering who all are following your business page. Facebook allows you to view your Page likes and page followers because both are different metrics. Someone might like your Facebook page but choose to unfollow the page.
In this case, they won’t see any posts on your page. With that in mind, let’s see your Facebook Page followers:
- After logging in to your Facebook profile, click your Page Name under the ‘Pages you Manage’ category in the left panel.
- Once your page opens, click the ‘Settings’ option in the left panel and then ‘People and Other Pages.
- Now you’ll be taken to a new page where you’ll see all the people who’ve liked your page. Click the ‘People who like this page’ drop-down and choose ‘People who follow this Page.’
- Now you’ll be able to see all the people who are currently following your Facebook Page.
Note: All the followers might not be displayed here because some people might have restricted others to see who they like or follow.
Via Facebook App
- Firstly, tap the three horizontal lines on the top right of the screen.
- Now tap the ‘Pages’ card and tap a page name.
- Tap the ‘Gear Icon and tap ‘People and Other pages’ under settings.
- Now follow the ‘view Facebook page followers from desktop’ guide from step number 4 to view Facebook followers in the mobile app.
Who can follow me on Facebook?
With recent whistleblower claims stating that Facebook prioritizes development over privacy, knowing who has access to your personal information is more critical than ever. Check your privacy settings first to see who may follow you on Facebook. Anyone around the globe can view your public postings if you have activated the function that allows people who aren’t your friends to follow you.
Furthermore, anybody, even if they are not a Facebook friend, may see your public postings in their newsfeeds. This “follow” function is helpful for company owners and prominent individuals, but you may not want it activated on your personal account, which you want to keep private.
Can’t See Your Facebook Followers? Here’s Why
If you can’t see your Facebook followers on the mobile app, it’s possible that your app is out of date. Make sure to update it on the App Store or Play Store.
Furthermore, if you don’t have any Facebook followers, you won’t be able to check them. As a result, you won’t be able to check your followers if you follow the procedures above because there are none.
If your Facebook account is fresh, you may not see this option since you don’t have any followers yet. It’s also possible that you’ll need to switch to a different Facebook account.
How to allow others to follow you
As mentioned above, all your friends are your followers on Facebook, but you can also give access to the general public to follow you on Facebook without making them your friends. Let’s see how to allow everyone to follow your Facebook Account:
- Login to your Facebook account on any desktop or mobile app, wherever you are comfortable.
- Now you need to access Security & Privacy Settings. To do this, click your profile picture on the Desktop, and if you’re on the Facebook app, tap the Hamburger menu.
- Now choose ‘Settings’ and then ‘Public Posts.’
- Finally, set the ‘Who can follow me’ option to ‘Public’ if not already done.
Now even the people who aren’t your Facebook friends can see your Facebook activity.
How can you unfollow someone on Facebook?
Unless they have elected to unfollow or “hide” you on Facebook, each “friend” you have is also a follower. This unfollow option, fortunately, is accessible to everybody. To hide someone’s posts from your timeline, go to their profile and click the “Following” icon on their cover photo. This will bring up a drop-down box where you may unfollow the individual while still being friends on Facebook.
Here we’ve reached the end of our detailed guide on how to see who’s following you on Facebook. Besides, we’ve also explained how to allow everyone to follow you. However, if you want to restrict other people from following you, make sure to change the option to Friends. I hope this helps!
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. How do you find out who’s following you on Facebook?
Select “Following” from the drop-down menu. Choose “Following.”
View the list of people who are following you. See who is following your profile by scrolling down.
Users on Facebook may “follow” a page without liking it.