Table of Contents Show
Losing a password is not ever nice, but the situation gets even more difficult to resolve for Snapchat users since they also forget their email addresses and phone number. When a user’s password is lost, Snapchat offers several options for resetting it, although at least one piece of information is normally required for security reasons.
Despite the development of services such as Instagram, Snapchat remains the most popular app and service, and it looks to be rising in popularity on Android as well. However, for individuals who haven’t used the service in a while, remembering the correct login information might be difficult. Similarly, regular users may find the same issue, such as when removing the Android or iOS app and attempting to reinstall it on a new smartphone. Worse, repeatedly submitting incorrect information may lead to the account being closed.
Whenever a Snapchat user forgets their password, they may easily restore it using the ‘forgot password’ option in the Android or iOS app. As long as the user has access to the associated email or phone number, they can receive an email or SMS message and proceed with the password reset procedure. The user will be unable to reset their password if they do not have access to their email or phone number. The same holds if the user forgets their email address or password, regardless of if they have access or not.
Can Always Try Contacting Snapchat
When everything else fails, you may contact Snapchat to see if the staff can assist. To access the “I lost my password” option on the service’s online contact form, go to the Snapchat Contact Us page, click on “I can’t access my account,” and then on “I forgot my password.” The user will then be provided with several password reset choices, however, choosing the Yes button for “Need assistance with something else?” will offer the opportunity to write a message to Snapchat detailing the problem.
Of course, it remains to be seen if Snapchat will be able to assist after being called. If it is merely a case of no longer having access to the email and phone number, assistance may be available. Nevertheless, because this is a security feature, it is doubtful that the user will be able to show ownership of the Snapchat account if the user is unable to validate the password, email address, or even phone number.
How to Reset Your Snapchat Password If You Don’t Have an Email or Phone Number
- To reset your Snapchat password without an email or phone number, contact Snapchat support.
- Go to Snapchat support in a browser, then pick “Contact Us,” “My Account Login,” “I Forgot My Password,” “Yes,” fill out the form, then click “Send.”
- After submitting the form, you should expect a response from the support team within one to three business days.
- If you know your email or phone number, you can use the “Reset your password?” option.
- If you’ve forgotten both, your best chance is to contact Snapchat support, since you won’t be able to change your password through the app.
Here’s a step-by-step instruction on how to accomplish it:
Step #1: Go to Snapchat support on a browser and select “Contact Us”
- To begin, you must navigate to Snapchat support on a browser to contact them.
- If you don’t know your email address or phone number, you won’t be able to change your password, according to Snapchat.
- Similarly, you won’t be able to reset your password if you don’t have access to your Snapchat account’s email address or phone number.
- However, if you contact them directly through their support page, they may be able to assist you, so there’s no harm in trying.
- To begin, navigate to support.snapchat.com on your mobile device using Chrome/Safari.
- When you get to the website, you’ll find a list of themes from which to pick.
- There will be an orange “Contact Us” button underneath the subjects.
- You may contact Snapchat directly using the contact us button.
- To access the contact form, click “Contact Us.”
- You’ve made it to Snapchat’s contact page.
Step #2: Select “My account login” and “I forgot my password”
- After clicking the “Contact Us” button in the previous step, you’ll be sent to a contact page.
- On the contact page, you’ll discover several questions and alternatives.
- The first question you must answer is, “How can we assist you?”
- Select the first option that reads “My account login” under “What can we help you with?”
- This option is for account login difficulties such as logging in, resetting your password, and so on.
- The second question you must respond to is, “Oh no! “Please elaborate…”
- Select the first option that reads “I lost my password” under “Oh my! Tell us more…”
- You may also choose “I can’t verify my email or cellphone number.”
- You’ve completed the first section of the form successfully (multiple choice options).
- Finally, you’ll need to fill out the rest of the form and send it to Snapchat support.
Step #3: Select “Yes” and complete the form
- After you’ve answered the first couple of questions on the contact form, you’ll need to scroll down.
- After you answer the second question, you’ll see two buttons: yes and no.
- To proceed with the rest of the form, click the “Yes” button.
- After clicking the “Yes” button, you’ll be prompted to fill out further fields.
- To begin, enter your Snapchat username without spaces.
- After that, enter the email address linked with your Snapchat account.
- Enter one of your email addresses if you forget the email address linked with your Snapchat account.
- Finally, input your phone number, including the country code (for example, +1-202-555-0192).
- If you don’t know your country code, search for your nation + country code on Google.
- Finally, under the “What information should we know” area, notify Snapchat that you have forgotten the email address and phone number linked with your Snapchat account.
- After that, fill out the CAPTCHA and click the “Send” button to send the form to Snapchat.
- Wait for one to three business days for Snapchat support to react once you’ve submitted the form, and they’ll offer you information on your next actions.
What should you do if you’ve forgotten your Snapchat password and email address?
- If you’ve forgotten your Snapchat password or email, your best chance is to get in touch with Snapchat support.
- You may do so by visiting the Snapchat support page and clicking on the “Contact Us” button.
- After clicking the “Contact Us” button, fill out the form and email it to them.
- Finally, allow one to three business days for Snapchat support to respond.
How can I regain access to Snapchat if I don’t have the same phone number?
- If you don’t have the same phone number, you can use your recovery code to regain access to your Snapchat account.
- However, you must have already activated two-factor authentication in your account.
- Otherwise, you must go to support.snapchat.com to contact Snapchat directly.
If you don’t know your email address or phone number, resetting your Snapchat password might be difficult. If you are still unable to change your Snapchat password, you must establish a new Snapchat account.
Most essential, make a note of the email address or phone number you used to set up the Snapchat account.
Otherwise, if you forget them, you’ll have to register a new account.
You’ll also have to add all of your Snapchat friends again, which is inconvenient—but it’s the only remedy.