Privacy is the topmost concern for users these days- whether online or offline. Just as your data is prone to be stolen online, so is the case when you are offline. There are good chances that unauthorized people are able to get their hands on your system. If it happens, they can go through your drives or folders that you might not want someone else to see.
So how can you protect your important folders and files from other people who might access your Windows 11 PC?
Password Protect a Folder
Microsoft has always tried to better the privacy features for its users. In the same context, Windows operating system allows you to password protect your files and folders so that your privacy is not compromised at all.
Only the people with the password will be able to access the folders and anyone not knowing the password cannot access, modify or delete them.
In this article, we have shown different ways to password protect a folder in Windows 11. Let go through it!
How to password protect a file or folder in Windows 11
If you are searching for how to password protect a file or folder on Windows 11, follow these simple steps to do it.
- First, Right-click on a file or folder you want password protected
- Then click on Properties
- After click on the Advanced tab.
- Then, the Advanced Attributes tab open automatically.
- Then Check on “Encrypt contents to secure data” and click Apply.
- If you first time using this feature, you will be prompted to back up your encryption key, so save these keys somewhere safe location like Pendrive or other hard drives; If you forget your password, then you’ll need the encryption key to view your encrypted files or folders.
Password protection is a nice way to guard your files and folders against other people you don’t want seeing your data on Windows 11.
Microsoft doesn’t offer more help when it comes to providing information on how to password protect a file or folder.
If you are searching for a quick and simple way to keep safe, and protect your files and folders from wandering eyes, here is an easy method to password protect a file or folder.