Table of Contents Hide
Want to relinquish your eyes a break? Windows 11 makes it simple to show all your onscreen things dark with its dark mode. We’ll show you the way to change and disable this mode on your Windows 11 laptop. to Enable dark mode on Windows 11, peep more in the article.
Alike nearly every alternative major package presently on the market, Windows 11 conjointly offers users lightweight and dark mode interface choices. Dark modes are more comfortable on the eyes, particularly in dimly lit rooms or in the dead of night. In some cases, they even cut back what proportion of power your device’s show uses.
Enable the Dark Mode in Windows 11
- Firstly, open the Settings app on your Windows 11 by pressing on the Windows key and the letter I on your keyboard, or search for the Settings app on the search bar.
- Now, select choose the applying icon from the search results.
- Now, within the settings application, move to the personalization tab.
- Here, move to colors from the right-side windows pane.
- Now, within the left windows pane, seek the menu underneath opt for your color.
- Now, click on the menu and so choose the color dark from the list.
- It’s pretty straightforward as this. You’ll opt for the choice custom and alter the color of the items you would like by choosing from the choices.
If you would like to form the UI more awesome,
You can handle the colors tab in your Windows 11 settings.
And here, you can choose your desired color for your icons and other aspects.
Or you can,
- Simply jump to the SETTINGS OPTION by pressing WINDOWS KEY+I or by performing a search in the search bar.
- After that, select SYSTEM MENU.
- Then, go to the PERSONALIZATION MENU.
- Then, go for the colors.
- And here, under CHOOSE YOUR MODE, select DARK OPTION in the drop-down box.
Use a pre-made Windows 11 theme.
Like Windows 10, Windows 11 also allow you to apply various themes that alter everything about the user interface at once. The menu, the wallpaper and the folder colors, accent colors, icons, and more.
- Go to the Settings of your Windows 11, then, System, after that Personalization, then, Themes.
- And here, choose the theme you wish from the “Current Theme” menu.
- The “Windows (Dark)” theme is the safest bet, but many others provide dark mode-like color schemes.
If you don’t like all the pre-included choices, click “Browse Themes” to look at and transfer different themes on the market within the Microsoft Store.
- Once you’ve got your new theme elected, click “Apply” to change it.
Use a Contrast theme on your Windows 11
- Windows 11 theme settings already carry “Contrast themes,” which are designed for users with specific vision-based accessibility needs.
- Because the name signifies that various themes use different color mixtures, which makes it easier to scan text and ignore the background (it may be lightweight text and dark backgrounds for menus, or dark text and lightweight backgrounds), and plenty of them work as dark themes.
- You can switch various themes on or off at any time by pressing the left arrow + left Shift + Print Screen keys,
- But you’ll most likely need to edit the various theme within the Windows 11 settings also.
There are unit 2 ways to seek out the contrast themes menu:
- Go to the Settings, then go to the System, after that select Personalization, then choose Themes, then go to the contrast themes; Or
- Bang on the Settings of your Windows 11, then go to the Accessibility menu, then choose contrast themes.
And once you’re within the contrast themes menu, choose the color theme you wish best from the menu. you’ll be able to additionally click “Edit” to customize your contrast theme.
Use custom theme colors.
If you don’t sort of a theme’s default colors, you’ll be able to modification them within the personalization settings. There are many settings that may assist you in producing your own dark (or light) theme’s colors.
- Head to Settings of your Windows 11, then go to the System option, then go to the Personalization menu, then select colors.
- Choose “”Custom”” option from the “”Choose Your Mode”” drop-down box.
- Select whether you would like the windows and menus to use the default “Dark” or “Light” themes.
- Noe scroll down your screen and set Accent Color to “Manual option.”
- Select from the colors within the menu, or click “View colors” use the color picker to seek out one you prefer best.
- You can use the toggles to use the accent color to the taskbar or folder/app window borders.
Disable Dark Mode on Windows 11
Do you want to go back to the usual light mode? so to disable the dark mode and jump back to the light mode,
- First of all, open Settings on your Windows 11 PC.
- Then go to the personalization menu.
- Then opt for Colors.
- And after that, select the “Choose Your Mode” in the drop-down menu and then select “Light.”
- Select the “Personalization” menu in the left sidebar.
- After that, click the “Windows (Light)” theme from the top of your screen.
- And here, your Windows 11 PC is back to the usual Windows 11 light mode!
Also, try High Contrast Text.
If you want to see your text, emails, or applications with more clear disparity, you can go for high contrast text, which your Windows 11 supports. It also allows you to read documents, emails; even your apps will appear in high contrast.