Table of Contents Hide
- How to Easily Disable a Laptop Keyboard in Windows?
- How to Disable a Laptop Keyboard Temporarily
- Use Windows Device Manager Disable Keyboard
- How to Disable a Laptop Keyboard Permanently Using Group Policy Editor
- How to Permanently Disable a Laptop Keyboard (Easiest Way)
- Disabling Laptop Keyboards Using Third-Party Apps
- How to temporarily disable laptop keyboard
Because your keyboard may not be working if you knocked on the laptop or dropped any fluid, you must understand how to disable the laptop keyboard to use analog outputs. Right? For anyone in this situation, we’ve put up a tutorial on permanently or temporarily disabling the keyboard.
After you’ve disabled the keyboard, you can install, replace, repair, or retouch the keys without impacting your computer system. However, using an external keyboard to replace the built in keyboard on your laptop is a quick and easy method to get back to work! The disadvantage of external keyboards is the trouble of transporting them. They do, however, have numerous advantages, such as better typing, quicker replacement, and being less costly than powerful laptop keyboards. You may also replace the existing keyboard, which is more costly.
Following is the list and then let us know how well the adjustments turned out for you! Ensure to constantly backup your data so that you can undo unwanted (detrimental) modifications.
How to Easily Disable a Laptop Keyboard in Windows?
Linux, Ubuntu, and Mac OS are examples of operating systems with various versions. Disabling the keyboard on Windows is easy to accomplish temporarily (if you just want to do it that way). However, if you want to completely disable it, it is a little more difficult. You should not be concerned; we have described both of them to assist you in this situation.
How to Disable a Laptop Keyboard Temporarily
If you only want to uninstall your laptop’s keyboard until you restart it, the methods are simple. All you need to do is remove the device’s drivers using the Device Manager. If you only need a temporary repair or don’t mind restarting your laptop, this is a simple and quick way to uninstall the device’s keyboard.
Let’s go over the procedure step by step:
To begin, launch Device Manager by typing “devmgmt. msc” into the Start Menu’s Search box.
Expand Keyboards now.
Uninstall the Netbook Keyboard Device by right-clicking on it.
You may reactivate it at any moment by restarting your computer.
Whenever users remove a device, users will be prompted for confirmation many times. When adopting any of the recommendations, make sure not to restart your computer. By rebooting the laptop, the keyboard can be restored to its original working condition.
Use Windows Device Manager Disable Keyboard
The following procedure, which removes rather than disables the laptop keyboard:
- Step 1: Navigate to your laptop’s start menu.
- Step 2: Enter “device management” into the search box.
- Step 3: Select Device Manager.
- Step 4: In Device Manager, look for the keyboard.
- Step 5: To disable the keyboard driver, click the “+” symbol to open a drop-down option.
- Step 6: To make this permanent or remove it, a restart is frequently necessary.
How to Disable a Laptop Keyboard Permanently Using Group Policy Editor
The built-in Local Group Policy Editor may be used to block Windows from doing any actions in core processor. It will prohibit your laptop from instantly installing the keyboard driver when your machine boots up.
To do so, merely recognize the hardware ID of the laptop, which simplifies the procedure. Once you’re finished, use Group Policy Editor to disable anything connected to that specific ID. Follow this simple procedure to permanently deactivate your laptop keyboard. So let’s get this party started.
- Step 1: Retrieve the Device ID from Device Manager -> Keyboard Driver -> Right-click and choose Properties -> Details -> “Corresponding Device ID” is a property.
- Step 2: Take note of this result.
- Step 3: Remove the driver.
- Step 4: Navigate from the left panel to the group policy edit. Computer Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> System -> Device Installation -> Restriction on Device Installation
- Step 5: Choose the option that says “Prevent installation of devices corresponding to any of these device ids” on the same policy editor.
- Step 6: Enable it and enter the Device ID in the “Options” field.
- Step 7: To re-enable the laptop keyboard, launch the Group Policy Editor and change the status to “Not Configured.”
- Step 8: Remember to restart your laptop to save any changes.
How to Permanently Disable a Laptop Keyboard (Easiest Way)
If you want to completely disable your Laptop Keyboard, follow the steps below. Your computer gets fooled into running an erroneous keyboard driver instead of the genuine one using this method. When you restart your laptop, the drivers will not be installed in the Microsoft surface. The keyboard will not operate since the incorrect drivers were loaded n the surface pro .
Step 1: Open the Device Manager.
Step 2: Then, for the keyboard you want to disable, select the Update driver option.
Step 3: Select “Search my computer for driver software” in the text box that displays.
Step 4: Select the option that reads “Let me choose from a list” from the list of available drivers.
Step 5: Check that the Show compatible hardware box is unchecked.
Step 6: Last but not least, select a driver that is incompatible with your laptop’s keyboard.
Step 7: Simply follow the on-screen prompts to install the wrong driver on your laptop.
Once you’ve completed it, your keyboard will be disabled. After leaving Device Manager, restart the laptop. When you restart your computer, you will see that your laptop keyboard no longer works. Furthermore, if you ever need to recover the functionality of your keyboard, you may install the compatible drivers from the Device Manager while running the windows.
Disabling Laptop Keyboards Using Third-Party Apps
Windows 10 does not provide an easy option to deactivate the laptop keyboard. But don’t worry, you can use a third-party tool to make this arduous procedure much simpler, and you can deactivate your laptop keyboard without using the device manager. On the internet, you may discover a variety of software that makes it simple to deactivate a Windows keyboard in gaming or budget laptops. To remedy your problem, we’ve provided alternatives for disabling specific keys and the trackpad.
To begin, you must install the Keyboard Locker program on your laptop. Then, install it on your hard drive and open the installation folder. There are other files in the folder, but you must locate KeyboardLocker.exe. To effortlessly deactivate the laptop keyboard, carefully follow the procedures below.
Step 1: To run the program on your laptop, double-click KeyboardLocker.exe.
Step 2: When it’s ready, you’ll notice a little keyboard symbol in your notification area. This indicates that the program is not yet ready for usage.
Step 3: To unlock the keyboard, press Ctrl+Alt+L at the same time. This command locks the keyboard, and the locker icon will change to indicate that your keyboard is now locked.
You may also re-enable the keyboard by repeating the process. All of the crucial keyboard keys, such as Caps Lock and Nums Lock, are completely disabled.
When it opens, the Lock Keyboard and Mouse Button will be visible on the screen. Simply clicking on it will disable both of your laptop’s gadgets at the same time. The biggest downside of this software is that it does not allow you to disable only one device at a time. Both gadgets will be turned off in a matter of seconds.
To re-enable the keyboard and mouse on the disabled keyboard, hit the Control, Alt, and Delete keys simultaneously on the disabled keyboard, followed by ESC on the keyboard keypad. Keyfreeze is the greatest software for quickly disabling a laptop keyboard on Windows 10, and it’s ultimately the best software and is free to install.
When it comes to deactivating the laptop keyboard, you have various options. Third-Party Application and Device Manager, in my opinion, is the finest technique to employ. Furthermore, if you want to permanently disable your keyboard, you should utilize Group Policy Editor, which is fairly hazardous. It only takes one error for your computer to crash. The post above contains all of the information you need to know about How to Disable Laptop Keyboards.
How to temporarily disable laptop keyboard
To disable the laptop keyboard follow the steps
- Go to the Start menu of your laptop. And here enter in Device Manager.
- Then, open up the Device Manager. And after that, look out for your method to Keyboards. Then, drag the arrow to the left of your laptop screen.
- And here you’ll be able to find your laptop’s keyboard. Then, Right-click on that and select ‘Uninstall’
- Your keyboard is now temporarily disabled. And it will work till you restart your laptop. Even so, after you flip it back on the machine can set up the drivers for your keyboard on its own.
How do I disable my laptop keyboard when an external keyboard is plugged in?
- Open Device Manager on your device.
- Select “Update Driver” as shown there
- If prompted to check online or use existing drivers, choose existing drivers only as we guided.
- Display incompatible drivers (or de-select “Only use compatible drivers”)
- Choose one.
- The keyboard is now disabled from your laptop.
How do I disable the TouchPad and keyboard on my laptop?
Use two keys of your keyboard combination as we instructed Ctrl + Tab to move to the Device Settings, TouchPad, ClickPad, or the same options tab, and press Enter Key. Use your keyboard to navigate to the checkbox that allows how you to enable or disable the touchpad. Press the spacebar to switch it on or off
How do I unfreeze my laptop touchpad?
Tap on the “F7,” “F8” or “F9” key on the top of your keyboard. then Release the “FN” button. This keyboard shortcut works to disable/enable the touchpad on many brand types of laptop computers.
Use KeyFreeze to Turn off the keyboard and mouse in Windows 10.
If someone is using your laptop. And, if you want to prevent any unwanted keyboard and mouse press, then you can try the Keyfreeze tool. It’s a very small program that blocks your keyboard without “locking” the display screen. It is also very helpful when any important task running on your laptop. we can use this application very simple.
Firstly, Download KeyFreeze App from their official site and then install this app on your device.
This is all about how to disable the keyboard on a laptop permanently or temporarily. Hope this helped you! Don’t forget to share it with your friends.
Frequently Asked Questions For Disable Keyboard On Laptop:
Q. How do I temporarily disable my laptop keyboard?
• Head into your Start Menu, and type in Device Manager.
• Open up the Device Manager and find your way to Keyboards and hit the arrow to the left of it.
• Here you will be able to find your laptop’s keyboard. Right-click on it and hit ‘Uninstall’.
Q. How do I disable my laptop keyboard without removing it?
· Press Windows + X and select Device Manager from the list.
· Find Keyboards in the list of devices and click the arrow to expand it.
· Right-click on the internal keyboard and click Disable. If there is no Disable option listed, click Uninstall.
· Click File>Exit.
Q. How do I temporarily disable my laptop keyboard Windows 10?
If your laptop keyboard isn’t working, the first step is to update the driver. Look at the list of devices until you see Keyboards, and expand the list. Select Properties > Driver. Click “Update Driver” and wait for Windows to scan for a new or updated driver.
Q. How do you lock the keyboard on a laptop?
Q. How do you fix an unresponsive keyboard on a laptop?
• Update the keyboard drivers or change settings
• Press the Windows key and search for “Device manager”.
• Click the arrow next to Keyboards, then right-click on a keyboard listed and select Update Driver.
• Select Search automatically for updated driver software.
• Click on Update Driver.
Q. how to disable laptop keyboard in bios
· Type “device manager” and press enter.
· Click on device manager.
· Locate the keyboard in Device Manager.
· Click on the “+” sign to access a drop-down menu to disable keyboard driver.
· A restart is usually required to make this permanent or uninstall it.
Q . How do I fix unresponsive keyboard keys?
• Unplug the keyboard and plug it back in.
• Try a different cable.
• Replace the batteries.
• Clean the keyboard.
• Blow out the unresponsive switch.
• Use contact cleaner.
• Inspect the solder joints.
• Replace the switch.
Q. What do you do when your HP laptop keyboard stops working?
• Restart your computer.
• Unlock your keyboard. …
• Remove and turn off any external keyboards connected to your laptop.
• Turn off Cortana.
• Clean your keyboard.
• Run Windows Troubleshooter.
• Update your drivers.
• Check your keyboard language settings.