Table of Contents Hide
- 1. Performance Booster (Hidden Settings in Windows)
- 2. Night Light mode (A Hidden Settings in Windows)
- 3. Increase Performance
- 4. Remove Junk Files
- 5. View Hidden Files
- 6. Set Default Applications
- 7. Calculator Tricks
- 8. Dark Theme ( Generally, Hidden Setting in Windows)
- 9. Focus Assist
- 10. Make and Receive Call
- 11. Change Accent Color (Hidden setting in Windows)
- FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Many of us have had Windows 10 currently. So, we are pretty known with the new options of the operating system software from daily use. Even so, whether or not you’re utilizing the laptop. You have had for several years or upgraded to a new device. That was Windows 10-ready out of the box, you would possibly find it helpful to tell a number of the tricks. That Microsoft has hidden behind it’s back. So, to know more about 11 Hidden Settings in Windows that you don’t know read more.
1. Performance Booster (Hidden Settings in Windows)
Generally, in this setting option, the system permits you to choose the mode for either the performance or the appearance. Which is quite required these days because, with time, the system becomes slow, which annoys most of us.
To boost up the performance of your Windows 10, follow the steps:
- First of all, click on “This PC.”
- Then, select on properties.
- And, choose the “advanced settings” option appearing in the left corner of your screen.
- In the advanced section, choose the performance option.
- After that, in the visual effects part, bang on “Adjust for best performance.”
- Or you may click on “custom” with the “Smooth edges of screen fonts” option.
- Now, select the apply button.
- Here you are done.
This is the setting that disables all the sleek transitions. Within the whole OS to supply you with the greatest end in case of performance. In short, you’re compromising one thing to meet one thing.
2. Night Light mode (A Hidden Settings in Windows)
Night Light changes the color of the whole screen to more of a yellowish tint or a warm tint which permits the users to restfully use your PC for a longer time frame with the least effect on eyes.
The process to turn on the night light mode and schedule suitably.
- Perform a search for a night light in your PC’s settings.
- Then, modify the intensity level of the night light effect.
- And schedule the time.
- And it’s done.
3. Increase Performance
- Search for “PowerShell” in the windows search bar, click it.
- Now simply paste this command in the Powershell- “powercfg -duplicatescheme e9a42b02-d5df-448d-aa00-03f14749eb61”.
- Now you can enable the “Ultimate Performance” option from the power settings
- And here it’s done
4. Remove Junk Files
To clear the junk files, Windows has an in-built tool that can easily clear the unwanted files for you.
To use the tool, follow the steps:
- Search for free space or storage settings in the windows search bar.
- Then look for storage sense and click on free up space.
- Now turn the “storage sense” on.
- And, click on the option” Change how we free up space.”
- After that, change the removal of temporary files to 30days.
- Now change the storage sense to run once a month.
- And it’s done.
5. View Hidden Files
Hiding files from other naïve users in the system is quite fun and safe as well.
To hide files, follow the steps:
- Firstly, Open This PC.
- Search the Title bar ribbon at the top of window 10.
- Then, select the view option.
- After that, check for hidden files.
- Now, disable it or enable it as you require.
- And you done.
6. Set Default Applications
There are times when many files are not supported in many applications to view. So, at this time, the user can easily select the apt software from the default app settings and easily avail files and many features without any hassle.
To set or change the default application.
- Search for default apps in the windows search bar.
- Then, Below you will see various options.
- Now, select the required app to select by clicking on the particular service or media.
- And done.
7. Calculator Tricks
Windows has many features to offer, and a calculator is one of the best tools many users are unaware of because many of us use mobile phones to convert and calculate.
- Search for the calculator in the windows search bar.
- Click on the calculator.
- Then, click on the options bar.
- After that, you will see many converters there.
- And, you can also get benefit from real-time conversion rates if connected to the internet.
- And here you done.
8. Dark Theme ( Generally, Hidden Setting in Windows)
Windows provides you with plenty of power over color schemes. You’ll set the operating system software to either dark mode or lightweight mode. This feature changes the shade of the start menu, taskbar, settings menus. And alternative programs that are compatible with these theme changes. Applying the dark theme to your windows 10 is a demand now, but now everyone knows how to apply it so, below are the steps to apply a dark theme to your windows 10.
- Select the start menu, then, go on to the settings option.
- Then, click on the personalization.
- After that, select the color option appearing on your screen.
- Now, scroll down.
- Here you can get an option to set your windows 10 to dark or light mode.
- And, you done.
9. Focus Assist
Focus assist allows the users to stay focused on a particular activity in the system by disabling the pop-up notifications on the screen.
To use this, follow the steps:
- Search “Focus settings” in your windows 10.
- Now, select the icon.
- After that, various options will appear on your Windows 10 screen to customize focus assist.
- Then, select either “Priority only” or “Alarms.”
- Then, Select the “Priority only” option for a better experience.
- And now, customize the priority list.
10. Make and Receive Call
To make and receive calls on your Windows 10, follow the steps:
- First, download “Your Phone” application on both devices.
- Then, Log in to the same account from both devices.
- After that, connect your android via Bluetooth to Windows 10.
- Then, ensure to sync the data of your android multiple times with the application.
- And here you done.
11. Change Accent Color (Hidden setting in Windows)
The color which highlighted in the borders of a window or the colors which highlighted in the taskbar is known as Accent color. . It is that the color that is a highlight within the borders of a window or the colors. That highlight within the taskbar and as well as within the action center and in more areas.
- First, search accent in the Windows 10 search bar.
- Then, a color palette will appear.
- Then, choose the desired color from the palette.
- Or you can choose a custom color by entering the #code.
These are the some hidden settings in Windows that you don’t know about. Hope this help to increase your tips and tricks column more. Don’t forget to share it with your friends!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Q 1. What is PC god mode?
Ans. God Mode could be a handy method to access many Windows commands in one single window. God Mode could be a special possibility obtainable. Within the past many versions of Windows. That provides you fast access to most of the applets and commands from the control panel.
Q 2. Can I delete the GodMode folder?
Ans. If you wish to get rid of GodMode, you’ll be able to delete the folder to induce obviate it.
Q 3. Why was there not a Windows 9?
Ans. They skipped Windows 9. Microsoft determined to not name their Windows 8 successor as Windows 9. Even so, went with Windows ten instead, which was code-named Threshold. thus don’t fret, you did not miss a significant version of Windows
Q 4. Is Windows 11 upgrade free?
Ans. Microsoft has discharged Windows 11 on 24th June 2021. Windows 10 and Windows 7 users need to upgrade their system with Windows 11. As of now, Windows 11 may be a free upgrade and everybody will upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11 at no cost.