Table of Contents Hide
If you upgraded to Windows 11 and located that your PC responds slow. You’ll be able to look out to the Task Manager to check what causes the matter. Task Manager provides you with data. Even so, is each method running on your PC.
A common reason why your pc, or particularly PC, running slow is that the disk usage shows 100%. Generally, the disk usage wouldn’t go up for a protracted time. it’ll reach a high level or near to 100% for some moments, and so it ought to drop to a standard number, typically below 100%. If the disk usage of your PC continues at a high level. You would like to search out solutions to resolve the problem. Here are a few ways for you to do to optimize your PC.
Reset virtual memory
Your PC’s disk drive isn’t obsolete even so, you may reset the memory board to mend the matter. Virtual memory is an extension of your computer’s physical memory. Which mixes RAM and a district of the disk drive. once the RAM is out of the area, Windows can store files in virtual memory. Here are the steps of the way to reset virtual memory.
- Step 1. First, enter the control panel within the search bar, click the simplest match.
- Step 2. Then, search and select System, then opt for Advanced system settings on the right panel.
- Step 3. And it will open a new System Properties window. Then, go to the Advanced option, And, select Settings.
- Step 4. Now within the newly-opened windows, underneath the Advanced tab. Opt for an amendment to regulate virtual memory.
- Step 5. Here, uncheck the mechanically manage paging file size for all drives choice. Then amendment the most size to a bigger range. even so, do not set this price too high. It ought to be on 1.5 times the physical RAM.
- Step 6. And, once set the virtual memory size, click Set and ok to ensure the amendment.
- Step 7. After that, you wish to clear the computer’s temporary worker files. Press the Windows Key + R key at an identical time, sort temporary worker within the run box, and hit enter.
- Step 8. Here, it will list all the temporary worker files on your PC. choose and delete all of them.
- Step 9. Now, you may check if the disk usage is 100% or not.
Update Your Device
At times the disk usage is very associated with your computer’s disk. If you’ve got put in an old HDD on the pc, it is time to alter to a replacement one. One nice choice is to upgrade to a solid-state drive (SSD). SSDs are quicker and a lot of stable than HDDs. Computers put in with an SSD can have a much better performance.
Fix StorAHCI.sys Driver
Some AHCI PCIe (Advanced Host Controller Interface PCI-Express). May even cause the Windows 100% disk usage problem. you may fix the StorAHCI.sys driver to mend the matter.
Step 1. First, open Device Manager and realize the IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers.
Step 2. Then opt for a standard SATA AHCI Controller.
Step 3. Now, underneath the driver tab, click Driver Details, check if there is storage. sys file.
Step 4. Then shut the driver Details window and move to the main points tab, choose Device Instance Path. Write down the file that starts with VEN.
Step 5. After that enter Regedit within the search box of the start panel. Then hit Enter on your keyboard to run registry Editor. Then go to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Enum\PCI\Device Parameters\Interrupt Management\MessageSignaledInterruptProperties
The “here” signifies the name you see from step 4.
The differs on distinct machines.
Step 6. At last, double-click the MSISupported key and alter the worth to zero.
Change Power options to High Performance
Some of the users experienced that amending Power choices. To high performance may work. Here is the way to bonk.
- Step 1. First, visit to control panel. Then, go to Power & sleep. After that select the additional power settings option.
- Step 2. Then, select amendment arranges settings. After that amendment advanced power settings.
- Step 3. At last, select the High-performance option from the menu and select Restore plan defaults.
Disable Windows Notifications
Disabling Windows notifications is another way used by users. Who experienced the 100% disc usage problem.
- First, go to Settings.
- Then, go to System.
- After that go to Notifications and actions.
- Then turn off the Get tips, tricks.
- And then suggestions as you use Windows 11.
Perform a Disk Check
Your last option is to perform a disk check. you’ll run chkdsk within the command prompt to examine and check out to mend the issue.
Note- You must notice that the chkdsk command line may most likely lead to information loss. you must back up and restore all the necessary data before checking the disk.
Hope this restart your PC and open Task Manager to check if the 100% disk usage persists. If the high disk usage issue reappears. If you have any suggestions or questions, feel free to drop a line in the comment area below. Thanks for reading!
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Ans. Microsoft launched Windows 11 two months back. You will either stick with your current Windows ten or can favor migrating to Windows 11 without charge.
Ans. If you already own Windows 10 pro, you’ll upgrade to Windows 11 Pro at no cost.
Ans. Windows 11 professional, Education. And Enterprise may put in while not the web (or even a network adapter gift within the system). If you click the “I do not have Internet” link, the setup can provide offline account creation at once.
Ans. Windows had to skip version 9. the explanation is that several programmers, and so on. Brought up Windows 95 and Windows 98; each employed in the 1990s; as version 9x. so code that is 25 years out of date WOULD interfere with a version 9 developed in 2016.
Ans. For instance, Intel’s Platform Trust Technology, or PTT, is found in some Intel chipsets. Provides a similar TPM security protocol. While not the necessity for an extra physical chip. which means systems with Intel PTT or AMD’s TPM answer ought to be within the clear for Windows 11 support.