Table of Contents Hide
In this article, we will explain the step-by-step method to quickly find the WiFi passwords on your Windows 11 PC. You can use this password to connect another device to the same network.
WiFi has turned into an essential need of current life. Be it a nearby eatery, a café, office, home, school, apartments, WiFi networks are all around you. But as many WiFi networks you have, those many passwords you need to remember. With countless such networks, it’s not difficult to forget with regards to the passwords for all the diverse WiFi networks you have connected your device with.
For instance, you changed your WiFi password just a few days ago, or you’ve reset your password sometime back in the past, so you don’t remember it, but right now you wanted to provide it to somebody or use it on an alternate gadget, if you are not able to recall your WiFi password, relax! Your Windows 11 PC, just like some other PC, tracks every one of the networks (SSID) you have associated with previously, including their passwords (security keys). There are many ways by which you can see the saved WiFi passwords on your Windows 11 PC.
Let’s see these methods one by one:
Know WiFi Password using Windows 11 Settings
This method can be used to view only the password of the currently connected WiFi network. Let’s see how to see the WiFi password using this method on Windows 11:
- To open System Settings, click the Start button on your PC and choose ‘Settings’ from the options.
- Alternatively, you can also use the ‘Windows+i’ shortcut key.
- Choose the ‘Network and Internet tab from the left pane of Windows 11 Settings.
- Next, at that point, scroll down the right side of the window and choose and the ‘Advanced Network settings.’
- Scroll down the Advanced Network Settings page, and choose the ‘More Network Adaptor Options.’
- Now you will be taken to the control panel of Network Connections.
- This will open the Network Connections control board. Here, right-click on your WiFi adapter and choose the ‘Status’ option.
- Next, choose ‘Wireless Properties’ in the WiFi ‘Status’ pop-up of Windows 11.
- Now you will be taken to another pop-up named ‘Wireless Network Properties.’
- Navigate to the ‘Security tab and enable the ‘Show characters’ checkbox.
Finally, your current WiFi network password will be visible to you in the Network Security field.
Use Control Panel to view your Windows 11 WiFi password
This is another simple method to see the password of your WI-Fi network. Let’s see how to see it:
- Press the Windows+S key and type Control Panel in the Search bar and choose Control Panel from the suggestions.
- Next, choose the View Network Status & Task option from the ‘Network & Internet section.
- Now choose the ‘Change Adapter Settings’ option from the Network and Sharing section.
Note: Press the Windows + R key and type ncpa.cpl in the Run dialog box. Finally, click OK to open the Network Connections in the Control Panel of Windows 11 PC.
- Now double-click or right-click the WiFi adapter and choose the ‘Status’ option.
- Next, select the ‘Wireless Properties’ option in the WiFi status panel.
- Finally, tick the check box of ‘Show Characters’ to see the WiFi password in the Security tab.
Use Command Prompt to view WiFi passwords.
Using this method, you can view the passwords of those networks also which are not currently connected and even not in proximity.
But you should keep in mind that this method is of no use if you use the Forget option to remove the network from the connection.
- First of all, type Command Prompt or CMD in the search bar of Windows 11
- Now type ‘netsh wlan show profiles’ command in the command prompt and press the enter key.
- This will show the list of all the wireless networks that are saved on your Windows 11 PC.
- Now type the flowing command’ netsh wlan show profile name= “WiFi NAME” key=clear’ to see the password for a WiFi SSID (network name).
Note: Type the WiFi SSID (WiFi network name) in place of the real WiFi name in the above command.
- Now you can see the information related to the WiFi network. To view the password of this network, move to the Security Settings and see the characters in the ‘Key Content’.
- If you only want to see the WiFi password without any extra details, simply run this command in the Command Prompt:
- netsh wlan show profile name=”WiFi Name” key=clear | find /I “Key Content”
- Here the WiFi SSID (WiFi network name) for a particular WiFi network ID will replace the ‘WiFi Name’.
All the three methods stated above will help you easily see the WiFi Password on your Windows 11 PC. Apart from these inbuilt methods, you can also use some third-party software like WirelessKey View to view the WiFi passwords saved on your Windows 11 PC.