Table of Contents Hide
Have you been using Instagram for a long time? Still not sure how to use the group feature? Don’t worry, this guide will be great know-how and will tell you everything you need to know about how to start an Instagram group.
What is Instagram Group?
An Instagram group is where you add a certain number of people you want to connect with and have a common communication platform so that whenever you post a message, all members of that group will immediately see it. On Instagram, this feature is limited to chatting, calling (video/general), exchanging documents, images, and only exchanging content that interests you.
The group is fairly private and no one gets involved in its work/existence unless you are specifically aware of its existence. Basically, it’s a fun way to share stuff with multiple people without having to text the same number of people personally.
If you add multiple people to a newly created group, you can add other members until the limit is reached.
Now that we’ve seen how Instagram groups work, let’s see how to create them here. The steps are simple and when you complete all the steps your new group is created and ready to use!
How to create a group on Instagram?
Make sure you’re signed in to your profile in the app. Now follow the instructions below:
1. Open your account in the Instagram app. The home screen opens by default.
2. Click the “Direct” icon in the upper right corner of the screen. It’s like a paper
3. When the live screen appears, select the pen and paper option in the upper right corner of the screen.
4. This is the Create Group button. A new screen will open with a list of your referrals.
5. Select people to include in the group by clicking the circle next to their name. If you can’t find it in the suggested list, use the search bar at the top to search by name and the account will appear on the screen and you can select it. Please note that there is a limit of 32 people.
6. The final step is to send a message to the newly created group. This is an important step and the group will not be created until you send the first message. 7. That’s all the steps you need to follow to create an Instagram group. Name your group and enjoy this Instagram feature!
You can add friends when you create a group, or if you missed someone, you can create the group and add it later.
To do this, follow the step-by-step procedure below.
- Open the Instagram app. Log in to your account. Use the airplane icon to navigate to the direct message.
- Now find the group name in the “Chats” section. Then open the group you want to add the new person to. Then click the group name at the top. You will now see various options for customizing the group. In the “Members” section, click “Add People”
- Now search for a friend’s username or select a friend from the list of suggestions. Finally, click OK to confirm the addition.
This is how you add new friends to an existing group. As you know, when you create a group, you also add friends.
Where can I find my Instagram group?
If you have already created an Instagram group, follow these steps to find the Instagram group you have already created both in the app and online. Open Instagram on your device. Sign in to your account when prompted.
- Now click the airplane icon on the home page. After that, a private message will be displayed.
- Now click on the search text box and find the group name. If you have an active group, you can find their name in the chat section. Finally, click on the group name to open the group. So you have successfully found the group you created.
So, if you’re here to start your own group, you’ve come to the right place. In this article, I showed you how to create a new Instagram group chat using the app and web version, and how to add new friends to a group. We made it simple and straightforward.