Table of Contents Hide
On Windows 11, “active hours” could be a feature that helps to reduce the possibilities of sudden reboots to use system updates. The feature works by pursuit and working out after you are active to utilize the PC and schedule reboots once the device isn’t in use. So, to know how to configure active hours on Windows 11.
What is Windows Active Hours?
At times, a Windows update can restart your PC many times. If you don’t wish this to happen. You’ll be able to favor to decide a time to restart your device or schedule Windows 11 updates at midnight. In an exceeding state of affairs like this. The Windows active hours feature is very important.
Windows active hours could be a feature to not restart your PC throughout the hours you may set manually. It’s helpful in several situations. As an example, once you are operating utilizing your PC You ought to not wish your work to be discontinuous by constant restarts. Then, you’ll be able to set active hours to forestall that chance.
How to modification Active Hours on Windows 11 mistreatment cluster Policy?
- Press Win+R to open Run.
- Type MSc and press Enter to open native local Policy Editor.
- Go to PC Configuration then Administrative Templates then Windows components then Windows Update then Manage end-user expertise.
- Double-click shut down auto-restart for updates throughout active hours.
- On the pop-up interface, choose Enabled.
- Under the choices section, choose the start menu hour and end hour for active hours.
- Click Apply.
- Click OK.
Active hours let Windows recognize once you are generally at your Windows 11. We’ll use that data to schedule updates and restarts once you’re not utilizing the computer. Here are 2 ways in which to line active hours in Windows 11:
To have Windows mechanically change active hours supported your device’s activity:
- Select start menu > Settings > Windows Update > Advanced choices > Active hours.
- Next to adjust active hours, choose mechanically.
To select your own active hours:
- Select start menu > Settings > Windows Update > Advanced options > Active hours.
- Next to adjust active hours, choose Manually.
- Choose the start menu time and end time for your active hours.