Table of Contents Hide
Many times you will have to modify your Static IP Address. This could be to be able to use some programs, to use some router ports, or to get the maximum bandwidth possible of the ADSL connection.
If you want, for probably some reason, to change your Static Address in Windows 11, then you are at the right place! We will show you different ways to change the IP address of your Windows 11 PC since the method has changed from the previous version.
Why is a Static IP address required in Windows 11?
The static IP address allows you to browse the internet but with some more benefits, let’s take a look at them:
- Open explicit TCP or UDP ports on the switch or modem to perform port planning to a particular IP address (or port sending)
- Work on the ping and inertness season of the web association
- Investigate the disconnected printer
- Augment the internet gaming experience (association will be quicker)
- Streamline and channel the web association utilizing explicit DNS
- Use programs that require static IPs
- Have NAT 1 on PS4 or, in any case, open game server ports overall
Requirements for changing the IP address in Windows 11
- You should have a PC with a Wi-Fi or LAN network card.
- On the off chance that you fix the IP on the wireless network, it will not be fixed on the LAN network also, as well as the other way around.
- A fixed IP address is configurable for quite a long time neighborhood networks
- A PC can have more than one fixed IP address (relies upon the number of network cards it has)
- A PC can work with a few predefined entryways with a similar IP address or by configuring more than one static IP
- A network card can deal with multiple (subnets) simultaneously
- On metered associations, the settings might be unique
Changing the Static IP Address in Windows 11
Method 1- Network Detection using Command Prompt
First of all, you need to check the current configuration of the network. So, let’s see the current IP address of the PC along with other information in Windows 11:
- First and foremost, you need to type cmd in the Search bar of Windows 11
- Launch the app by clicking the first suggestion and type the following: ipconfig /all. Then press the enter key.
- Use the arrows keys to choose ‘Wi-Fi wireless LAN card’ or ‘Local area connection LAN’ in the cmd.
- Now note down all the details like IPv4 address, subnet mask, DNS Server, and others.
After this, you can close the command prompt window and move to the next step.
Step 2- Configure the IPv4 settings for Wireless Connection or Ethernet
Press the Windows key to open the Start menu in Windows 11. Now choose the Settings option.
If you are using the wireless network, go to the following path: Rete e Internet > Wi-Fi and if you use a LAN, follow Rete e Internet > Ethernet.
Press the Change Adapter option here.
You will see the list of the network cards; look for the network card of the Wi-Fi you are currently using at this time.
Now you can right-click on that network card and choose Properties from the context menu.
Choose the Internet Protocol version 4 (TCP / IPv4) listed under the section ‘The connection uses the following elements.’
At this point, the General section will get the IP address and the DNS server settings by default.
Modify this choice and set it to manually. Now set these numbers in the relevant boxes.
IP address: The IP address on ADSL or fiber networks is 192.168.1.xxx (from 0 to 255) or 192.168.0.xxx (from 0 to 255)
Subnet mask: In domestic settings, the network subnet is 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway: Generally, the value for this is either 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1
Change your preference and use the DNS servers given below and also change the settings manually. It is necessary to do so when you set the fixed IP address.
Preferred DNS setting: Use the run command CMD and enter the primary DNS in the setting.
Alternate DNS: You need to enter the value of the secondary DNS in the text box
Now press the Ok button, then save the changes you’ve made.
This is how you can easily configure the Static IP address on your Windows 11 PC. You will have to change the IP address of the computer for many reasons. Most importantly, it helps to boost the speed of your internet connection and reduce the latency time. I hope you find this article helpful, don’t forget to share this article with your friends.