Table of Contents Hide
The list of the best VR headsets is short, but whether you’re using a powerful gaming PC or need an all-in-one headset, it’s a collection of virtual reality headsets that surely won’t disappoint you. We have provided the list of some of the best VR Headsets for iPhones, so stick to the end and choose from the latest collections.
What is the VR Headset?
We chose the Oculus Quest 2, now called Meta Quest 2, also known as the best VR headset. We have kept it on the top of our list of some best VR headsets for the iPhone, The reason why it’s the best among other VR headsets is that it’s an all-in-one VR headset. That’s pretty awesome if you demand a headset that doesn’t require any power to play PC games.
The Famous News editor Mr. Imad Khan gave a very obvious reason to choose The Meta Quest 2 over other VR headsets because it also has an option for connecting VR headsets to your PC and playing all your favorite games simply.
Beyond the Quest 2 requires a VR headset connected to a powerful PC if you need true high-end VR. In that case, HTC Vive and Valve Index are the best bet. Most of these VR headsets take a lot of space, so if you are planning to buy one of the VR headsets provided in the list below, you would have to make a lot of space in your room.
If you own a PS4 or PS5 getting a PlayStation VR is the best choice. It’s very easy to set up, you can play your favorite games like Batman: Arkham VR and Star Trek: Bridge Crew right away. Make sure you have your PlayStation Camera and don’t forget that it doesn’t work perfectly on your PS5.
The Best VR Headset For iPhone
Oculus Quest 2
Oculus Quest 2 also known as Meta Quest 2, is a master class that is a step-by-step improvement from its predecessor.
- It has a sleek slim design, excellent screen resolution with a 120Hz refresh rate for some games and apps, and faster overall performance.
- You can also connect to your PC via the Oculus Link cable to access full-fledged PCVR games, all with cables.
- The starting price of this VR headset is $ 299 which eventually makes it the most affordable yet reliable ways to enter the world of virtual reality experience.
- In addition, the Oculus Store app and suite of games make Quest 2 the perfect headset for all kinds of VR experiences, helping you work out and save you from boring fitness routines.
The PlayStation VR system is the best and in most cases the best bet.
- It combines a semi-futuristic and surprisingly comfortable VR headset with a slowly expanding selection of great games.
- You can play games such as Star Wars Battlefront: Rogue One X Wing Mission, Eve: Valkyrie, Batman: Arkham VR, and one of the more interesting recent VR games, Astro Bot Rescue Mission.
- If you have a PS4 or PS4 Pro, PlayStation VR is one of the more affordable ways to play VR games, as you don’t need a particularly expensive gaming PC.
- However, with the initiative’s movement controller and motion tracking, you can get a fairly high-quality VR experience.
But it doesn’t have to be used solely for games, as it can also be used to make watching movies more immersive. Therefore, if you are a PlayStation fan and want to start VR games, we highly recommend PlayStation VR.
Keep in mind that PS5 also supports PlayStation VR. The only problem is that it doesn’t work well with the Move controller. However, the good news is that the PSVR 2 headset is under development and comes with a new pair of controllers.
Following in the footsteps of the Oculus Rift, the HTC Vive has shown that the gaming company Valve can be achieved when partnering with a technology company.
- The result is a great VR headset, a virtual reality experience that requires you to move around instead of sitting in one place and looking around. With Valve’s Lightroom technology, you can mark spaces where you can walk, crawl, or stand on your toes, depending on your game.
- And with Chaperone, you won’t hit a wall or trip over your beloved pet. The control is also an important point, providing a more revolutionary feeling when you can reach out and grab something by pulling the trigger instead of grabbing it with your hand. While other VR headsets are catching up with the HTC Vive, the virtual experience is still pretty impressive.
Valve is familiar with VR and games, one of the best VR headsets when VR became popular about four years ago. The Valve Index now marks the culmination of a gaming company’s efforts to create its own VR headset and it was successful.
- The Valve Index is a comfortable, high-tech virtual reality system with high-quality construction, comfortable cushioning and smart built-in speakers.
- The downside of this quality is that the headset can be quite heavy to wear for extended periods of time. And for some incomprehensible reason, the package doesn’t include a USBC cable to charge the components.
- We like a lot about the Index because the features an LCD panel that has a variable refresh rate to match the performance of your PC.
- And the images it provides are very clear and high-resolution. The controller has the ability to customize the shape of the hand and also features a pressure-sensitive control and hand strap to prevent it from dropping during VR action.
How to choose the best VR headset for you?
Given that the list of the best VR headsets isn’t particularly extensive, you might think that choosing the right one will be pretty easy. However, while the choices are quite limited, finding the right VR headset can be tricky. The Oculus Quest 2 is great, but if you’re looking for true room-scale VR with a powerful PC, you don’t need a headset.
An Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, or Valve Index works best for this. Similarly, if all of this sounds like gibberish, the Quest 2 offers an all-in-one VR system that can also be connected to a PC if you purchase a connecting cable. Expect some compromises compared to dedicated tethered VR headsets. In this case, you really have to think about how you’re going to use your VR headset, whether you have room to stand up for VR or if you’re going to use the headset while sitting at your desk.
For PS4 or PS5 owners, the choice is much easier as the only option is a PSVR headset. Even if the system is pretty neat and not great, that’s fine as it comes with a decent selection of games.
How to test the VR headset?
To determine the best VR headset, you need to consider many factors, from the hardware itself to the software that works with the headset. We test and evaluate how easy it is to set up the headset and VR system, how well designed and comfortable the headset is, how well the interface works, and also explore the accessories that can be used with the VR headset.
Hope you have chosen the best VR headset for your iPhone from the list mentioned above. Choosing the right VR headset might be tricky for you, but we have made it a lot easier with all the specifications and features mentioned in the article.