Thinking about alternatives for Paessler PRTG? Check out the buying factors other Paessler PRTG users for network performance monitoring took into account.
Potential customers assess competencies in areas including evaluation and contracting, integration and implementation, service and support, and specific product capabilities when comparing various solutions.
PRTG (Paessler Router Traffic Grapher) Network Monitor is a potent tool that keeps an eye on every aspect of your infrastructure, including devices, systems, traffic, and applications.
Given the variety of capabilities that PRTG provides, it is easy to see why this tool has remained popular for so long. But PRTG has flaws, such as sensor-based pricing and a lack of adaptability beyond network, application, and server monitoring, which can make IT pros think about a PRTG rival.
In fact, some of the tools on this list are PRTG alternatives that might be more appropriate for you.
Best PRTG Alternative
- ManageEngine OpManager
- Progress WhatsUp Gold
- Nagios XI
Possibly the most well-known and often used alternative to PRTG Network Monitor is SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor (NPM). This program is comparable to PRTG, which has long been the industry leader in network monitoring.
- An astonishing array of features are available through NPM, many of which are also present in PRTG.
- An alarm system, packet sniffing, SNMP monitoring, network mapping, the traceroute tool, and many more features are included in this.
- NPM is a more flexible infrastructure monitoring solution because it offers many functions that PRTG does not. For instance, the warning system is more intelligent than the one in PRTG.
- With the alerts NPM provides, you can lessen the deluge of pointless network messages that are normally sent by other network monitoring technologies.
The tool prioritizes important alerts and groups them by severity based on how they affect your network.
Flat rate: $1638 (Free trial available)
Perpetual rate: $2995 (Free trial available)
Another reputable and well-known name in the industry is ManageEngine, it is a great PRTG alternative. Additionally, the ManageEngine OpManager is a premier product. It has a ton of fantastic features and can be used with either Windows or Linux. One of its auto-discovery functions can map your network and show it on the dashboard.
The dashboard for the product is very simple to use and browse and features drill-down capabilities. There are also apps for tablets and smartphones that will allow you to access the system from anywhere if you prefer them.
- The ManageEngine OpManager is a highly polished and expertly made product overall.
- it provides IP address management, configuration management, firewall log management, traffic analysis, real and virtual server monitoring, and network performance monitoring.
- It offers a business view, email- and SMS-based notifications, automated workflows, tailored reports, and a combined snapshot view.
- Standard Edition- $245 (For 10 devices)
- Professional Edition- $345 (For 10 devices)
- Enterprise Edition- $11,545 (For 250 devices)
A software platform created exclusively for managed service providers is called Atera (MSPs). MSPs can use this tool to monitor the networks, servers, and apps operating on the websites of their clients.
Paessler PRTG and Atera are comparable in a number of respects. For instance, PRTG and Atera both support remote operations. The primary distinction between these two programs is that PRTG is unable to carry out administrative processes like backup, restore, and patch management.
Atera, in contrast to PRTG, features professional services automation (PSA) technologies as well. For MSPs, who depend on PSA systems to run their services, this gap is very significant. As a result, Atera is a particularly strong PRTG substitute for MSPs.
- Because Atera is a cloud service, system compatibility is not a concern. With this solution, which doesn’t even require servers, you may quickly begin overseeing the IT architecture of other companies.
- Your MSP technicians can operate from any location because they can access the tool using a regular web browser. A mobile application can be used to access the Atera console as well.
- Atera offers server monitoring tools, allowing you to check on the status of your disc space, memory, and CPU.
- Pro – $99 per user, per month, billed annually (Free for 30 days)
- Growth- $129, per user, per month, billed annually (Free for 30 days)
- Power- $16, per user, per month, billed annually (Free for 30 days)
A network monitoring program from Progress called WhatsUp Gold is a great PRTG alternative and can monitor your entire infrastructure, from the network edge to the cloud.
Progress With WhatsUp Gold, you can monitor network devices, servers, storage, and wireless performance information whether they are hosted in the cloud or on-premises.
Add proactive monitoring for network traffic, apps, virtual environments, and device configurations to your management toolkit using the same user-friendly interface.
Utilize automated network discovery and mapping, as well as specialized dashboards, to obtain the data required for streamlining
- Gives full visibility into the state of network infrastructure, applications, and devices.
- Utilizes network dependencies to comprehend topology-aware monitoring, ensuring that you only get the most pertinent alarms.
- Depending on your preferences, send notifications by SMS, the web, email, or Slack.
- Automatically finds and locates every device on your network.
WhatsUp Gold starts at $2,740 for 25 devices.
Another free and open-source product with a very polished appearance and feel, similar to what you’d expect from a commercial offering, is Zabbix. However, its user interface’s aesthetic appeal is not its only strength.
The product has an outstanding feature set, as well. In addition to networking hardware, Zabbix can monitor the majority of network-attached devices.
If you want to monitor servers in addition to the bandwidth of your WAN route, this would be a fantastic alternative.
- Zabbix monitors devices using SNMP and the Intelligent Platform Monitoring Interface (IMPI).
- The app allows you to keep an eye on bandwidth, CPU and memory usage, overall device health, and configuration changes.
- The device also has a powerful alerting system that is fully customizable. Not only will it send email or SMS notifications, but it will also execute local scripts that may be utilized to automatically resolve specific problems.
Absolutely Free. Zabbix offers the freedom of using an open-source solution with no vendor lock-in and freely accessible source code
Next, we have Nagios xi. A complete enterprise server and network monitoring solution is Nagios XI. It is a crucial part of the robust application package called Nagios.
All mission-critical infrastructure elements, such as applications, services, operating systems, network protocols, systems metrics, and network infrastructure, are monitored by Nagios XI. Thousands of add-ons from third parties enable the monitoring of almost all internal and external applications, services, and systems.
- Features configuration wizards that simplify a variety of tasks for users, including adding new devices. For users, this saves a ton of time and work.
- Identification of current problems and creation of the ideal infrastructure combination for optimum performance are made simple by capacity planning.
- Its sophisticated graphs provide a fast overview of the functionality and accessibility of various network devices.
- provides multi-tenant functionality. It indicates that the software can handle multiple users and has the tools necessary to manage them.
- Standard Edition at $1,995
- Enterprise Edition at $3,495
Although Paessler PRTG is a fantastic product, there are several strong PRTG rivals that may be more appropriate for your company’s needs.
SolarWinds NPM, out of all the PRTG alternatives described in this article, offers the most complete and sophisticated monitoring solution in my opinion.
The product and provider, like Paessler PRTG, have proven themselves through time and have a solid track record of dependability.
NPM is a user-friendly, economical technology that will expand your company. It may be built with little prior knowledge or experience and is very scalable. Both small and large businesses can benefit greatly from this approach. Download the risk-free trial to give it a try.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is better than PRTG?
The primary product of ManageEngine is OpManager. It closely mimics PRTG’s capabilities because it combines network and server monitoring with application tracking features.
Is Paessler PRTG free?
With over 500,000 active installations, PRTG is Paessler’s powerful and widely-used free network monitoring software.
What is Zabbix network monitoring?
Networks, servers, virtual machines (VMs), and cloud services can all be monitored using the open-source software tool Zabbix. Monitoring indicators from Zabbix include CPU load, disc space usage, and network utilization.
Which is better: Nagios vs Zabbix?
Performance-wise, the Zabbix utility performs better than Nagios, and it is quicker than Nagios. When compared to the Zabbix tool, the Nagios tool is a little slower, and its performance is constantly problematic.