Table of Contents Hide
What is Action Center in Windows 11?
Windows 10 introduces a new feature called Action Center. This gives you access to common Windows settings such as brightness, night light, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, etc. Windows 11 provides so-called quick settings similar to Action Center.
Windows 11 Quick Settings allows users to easily control general PC settings such as volume, brightness, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, focus settings, accessibility settings, and more. While Quick Setup is very useful, it is problematic for many Windows users. Some users reported missing a pencil icon for editing quick settings options. Also, a lot of people have claimed that Windows 11 quick settings don’t open at all.
So, if you’re going to further cover things related to quick settings in Windows 11, you’re studying the best information.
Steps to Add New Features to the Quick Settings in Windows 11
- First Step is to open the Quick Setting Panel from Windows 11
- You can open the panel by pressing Windows + A which will Open the Quick Settings panel.
- Click the Edit Quick Settings button (pencil icon) at the bottom. Changing Quick Sets
- Then click the + Add button to add new features to the Quick Sets. + Click the Add button.
- To remove components, click the undock option at the top of each function.
Steps to remove Quick Settings in Windows 11
- First Step is to press the Windows Key + R in order to open the Run dialog box. Under the Run dialog box section, write Regedit and hit the Enter button.
- The Registry Editor will open. You need to go to the path specified there.
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Quick Actions\Control Center\Unpinned Navigate to path
- In the right pane, right-click Microsoft.QuickAction.Edit and select the Uninstall option. After removing the key in quick settings, you must restart your computer.
Steps to reset quick settings in Windows 11.
- First step is to open Notepad in your system.
- Under Notepad write the code given below:
REG DELETE “HKCU\Control Panel\Quick Actions” /F taskkill /f /im explorer.exe start explorer.exe
- Then Click File Options and select the Save As option.
- In the Save as type box, save the file as a name and add a .bat file extension.
- For Example: ResetQuickSettings.bat. Save the file as a name and add a .bat extension.
- To reset the quick settings, right-click on the file and select the “Run as administrator” option.
Action Center Troubleshooting
The admin center is sometimes not available and often the Action Center stops responding when you try to launch it. If you are experiencing this or any other problem, you will not be able to use Quick Sets.
The most effective fixes for the support center issues are listed below:
Restart your computer.
If the first error occurs while accessing the notification center, you must first restart your computer. After rebooting the system, make sure you can access the admin center. If the error persists, move on to the next fix.
Restart Windows Explorer.
Action Center is located on the taskbar which is part of Windows Explorer. Restarting Windows Explorer will restart the taskbar and may fix the error. This fix worked for many users.
To restart Windows Explorer, press the WINDOWS key to open the Start menu, search for Task Manager, and then click the search result to launch the application.
That’s it! Always restart your computer for the changes to take effect. Quick Settings in Windows 11 is a great feature, and if you run into any issues, This article is here to help you!
We hope this article was helpful! Please share with your friends too. If you have any questions about this, please let us know.